Instructor Paula Allen / Pollyzoom
BIO LINK FOR PAULA ALLEN https://www.pollyzoom.com/bio.html
- Paula Allen is a dedicated and experienced visual & digital art teacher who works with students in schools as well as online. Paula has worked in communities and in organizations creating innovative art education experiences for kids for many years.
See Paula's Biography page for information on Paula's background in the arts.
Visit the https://www.pollyzoom.com/sign-up-for-classes.html for current available classes and for updates
- Parent Testimonials for Paula's Classes in person and virtual
Johanna/ March 2021
"We started private classes with Paula as a gift for my son's 13th birthday. Since then, he joined a group class and has loved every minute of it. We are impressed with how much he was able to learn in a relatively short time, and we look forward to continuing with Paula as his schedule allows. That said, no matter how busy his days, he would always look forward to animation class -- at times rearranging his plans around meeting times. Thank you, Paula, for giving us all this gift."
- Linda M / December 2020
- My two children, who are both 9 years old, have been studying animation with Paula for this past school year and the current school year. It is amazing to me how much they have learned, but more importantly to me, they both thoroughly enjoy this class..Paula is a very patient woman, who keeps their interest and knows how to reach each child at their level...My kids are so proud of the work they are creating with Paula's help...I highly recommend this class...Paula is a very innovative, creative teacher, and I am thankful we found her class.
- Danielle B 3/11/2020 "My two sons (ages 10 and 12) are enrolled in classes with Paula and have enjoyed every minute of the program. She is an excellent teacher and my boys look forward to their class every week. They are learning so many new and exciting skills for their own films and animations, it's incredible to see their progression! We are so happy to have found Paula and PollyZoom!"
- The Shields family , 06/2019 My middle schoolers have been taking Ms. Allen's online animation class, and they say it is their favorite class of the year. Paula is able to customize the instruction to challenge my kids in a fun and engaging way. She has given great instruction in the many apps and tools key to animation, as well as scripting and storyboarding.
- The Unger Family 08/2018 Paula is a stellar teacher -- smart, fun, and wise! Our daughter loves learning animation from her and looks forward to her classes every week.
- Krista Bader 1/1/2019 Working with Paula is always a fantastic experience!! My son has taken classes in person and online. Both have been exceptional. She is flexible, intuitive with student needs and teaches to interest and ability level. My son says Paula is super nice and teaches lots of great techniques, she is a fantabulous art teacher!
- Carolyn Eastman 2/2019 Polly aka pollyzoom is a vastly gifted teacher and artist. She has worked with children, adults, totally inexperienced adults like me, and even special needs adults and children and inspired all to find joy in the self expression of creating art. She is a rare spirit, a talented and innovative teacher and I give her my highest recommendation.
- Jay Briggs 08/2018 Paula Allen aka Pollyzoom is an excellent teacher for the arts. Within a few sessions, she assisted my daughter to bring out her creativity and channel same into a portfolio for entrance into Magnet High School program for the Arts. My daughter's skills were enhanced quickly expanded and she successfully gained entrance into the art program of her choice. The experience increased my daughter's self-confidence. The combination of the work presented in her portfolio and her ability to free draw allowed her to achieve this accomplishment. I am very thankful that my daughter took lessons from Paula Allen. I give her the highest recommendation.